X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmm

I've encountered some really really fustrating behaviour in japan

At the Sakura hotel theor LAN went down, so i fixed it for them as i desperatly needed to email home.
    For this service i was charged 100Y per 10 minutes..........

No argument, i was using the computers, therefor its 100Y/10 mins

I asked for a wake-up call at 12 noon (I had been out till 6am the night before, and was checking out that day)
    The girl (you know the 1) forgot to do it, and charged me 3 hours late departure fee's.

Buying a GBA game in Akiba, the fellow who spoke great english and lived in Finchley at 1 time said "Japan only!", "doesnt matter" i said. "No Japan only!" This went on for 5 mins and he wouldnt take my cash.
    1 other shop wouldnt let me buy 3 identical copies of Shenmue, "No point" he said

and so on

Still, the chicks are easy tho

Comment

Dave it happens everywhere, yeah at times I getting extremely irritated with aspects of Thai culture but overall I try not to let these negative thoughts get on top of me. (Double pricing, continually being called falang even though they know my name.etc)

Sorry to hear about your nightmare day though.

Anyway I would go as far to say that your thoughts may change after you've had more time to reflect. Maybe?

Comment

Nah not really. I still may take one of the jobs Ive been offered in Tokyo, but I'm really not sure. For the first time in literally years I'm not sure where to go with my life now (geographically I mean). I always thought Japan would be where I'd end up, but now I feel very different, a little disorientated and confused. Time will help my mind settle, but in a way this might be a blessing. I feel more willing to explore elsewhere in the world now, whereas before every penny I earnt was put away in the japan kitty, and apart from the odd trip to the states, I only ever considered going to Japan. "If I ever fly East, I'd rather just keep going onto Japan", to quote myself.

Maybe now I can let this die, and explore the rest of the world.

Oh, and heres my haul...

Comment

I didnt like the look of it before but that White DS certainly looks tasty. I'll probably get either a white or black DS over the summer.

Comment

May I ask how much you paid for that laptop? Guess it's no use for me, since I'm Norwegian I need 3 more letters than the English alphabet, but it would be nice to know

MoFo2

Comment

I hear what your saying Dave. Just sad to hear as my impression of you was always someone who had a great enthusiam for Japan.

Comment

It's always good to go to other places as well. Example i'm going to Australia then Japan again Australia is a very nice place if a little big to get from place to place after. People i met and Australians i've met since are all cool as well. I hope my love for Japan does not take as bigger knock as yours has Dave i have had a few though. More recently a nice looking Japanese girl i tried to chat up thinkin i'm practicing my Japanese on her.(Sees Tokyochojin post and panics that my Japanese is way below par) doh!

Comment

Ive have got the go ahead for my 1st ever business trip to Nihon - May 26th - June 4th.

I'm not sure how many games i will be picking up this time, as outside of work i will be visiting "friends" ;-).

I havnt had time to learn much Japanese though, i will have to rely on my natural charm and bottle of rhypnol.

Comment

And when that fails you've always got your credit card...

Comment

Can anyone translate http://www.shibuya-city-hotel.com/ and tell me if it has LAN access in the rooms?

Cheers

Comment

Anyone ever stayed in http://www.nshotel.com/english/index.htm ?

Comment

those hotels are quite pricey (for me anyway) ^^

I'm thinking of / planning going to Japan July/August and got a few questions...

If I'm gonna be taking money from an ATM at the post office does anyone know if they charge you commission? And if so how much (also with traveller's cheques?) And I don't need a visa just for a couple weeks trip right?

Me and a mate are going and may stay at the Juyoh hotel as well as possibly a mate's for a while too, my only worry is the weather which is supposedly killer in August, does anyone know how it'll be this year?

thanks...

also, would be great if anyone has a copy of the map that was one page 1 to put it up again

Comment

Book your hotel and business hotel plans at Toyoko Inn. Book from this official website and get maximum of ¥400 discount!

Toyoko Inn hotels are normally a good price, and they are all over Japan. You can also connect via LAN cable to the 'net in your room. They even provide the cable if you ask!

If you get a loyalty card, you can stay 20 nights and get one free! Deal of the century!

Comment

Going to Japan for two months in two weeks, yay! Anyway... Does anyone know any good all you can eat places in Tokyo for sushi and the like, do these exist, are they expensive? My favourite Japanese restaurant here does it so I figured they may have gotten the idea from somewhere,heh. Also I've heard there are all you can drink offers in bars and such, how much do these usually cost? Thanks

Yes I like my food and drink...

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Working...
                                X