No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Hiddink is looking very likely now (william hill have stopped taking bets). He's not going to quit Russia before the qualifiers are done though so we wouldn't have his full attention until end of the season.

hopefully this would mean he gets money for players as he gets on well with abramovich.

Comment

Hiddink would be very good. I have fingers crossed for Steve McClaren to pounce in.

Comment

But how would McClaren cope with putting on a dodgy Russian accent ? doesn't bear thinking about.

Comment

Telling quote from Terry:

"He had my full support, that's for sure, and I'm sure two or three of the other players would say the same. "

That's hardly an overwhelming amount of support...

Comment

Hiddink confirmed but only as a temporary manager until the end of the season

Comment

Hiddink is a top manager. One of the best in the world, in my opinion. Excellent command of English too so no problems there.

He should get Chelsea firing, I still reckon it'll be hard whilst missing Essien and Carvalho though. Two of the best players Chelsea have.

Comment

Abramovich has converted all the debt of the club into assets now, we're debt free.

Comment

Not quite. From an article on F365:

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has also reduced the debt the club owe to him personally by half, turning the £369.9million of his loans into shares in the club. It still means however that Chelsea owe him £339.8m as an interest-free loan.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said he hoped the move by Abramovich would silence the doubters over the Russian's commitment to the club.

Buck said: "Following the conversion of half of the interest-free loans into equity there should now be no doubt as to the owner's commitment to the club and the stability of the company's funding structure.

"We have always believed that this 'debt', now reduced by 50%, has been misrepresented. Chelsea has no external debt and makes no punitive interest payments to external funders."

So he could still wake up one morning, decide that he's fed up and demand his £339 million back.

Comment

and the banks could easily call in the £700million or so that's secured on Man U. Unlike Chelsea, they don't have any controls protecting sale of the stadium.

Abramovich could demand that money back but he'd lose a fortune and the pitch owners association means he couldn't even cash in on the land.

Comment

Oh I'm not saying that you're in any worse or better position than any other club, and personally I don't think he would call in that loan, just saying that technically it is still there

Comment

Watford stick 10 men in the box for 70 minutes then get a goal that was clearly at least a yard offside. Why do we keep getting these awful match deciding decisions against us?

Appauling decision and Watford don't deserve it in the slightest

Comment

lol 2-1, yay Anelka

Comment

3-1 Anelka back on scoring form? He wasn't happy with scolari that's for sure.

Comment

Fourth post in a row!

Chelsea revealed that they were approached by Man City over Terry. Chelsea said no point blank and Terry released a statement saying if the club hadn't have said no straight out, he would've.

Comment

*yawn*

Ferguson saying changing manager has cost us the league. No realistic chelsea fan thought we had a chance with the league, we certainly stood less chance winning it keeping scolari.

Just primary school level psychology actually aimed at Liverpool ('Chelsea were the threat, not Liverpool')

Comment

Working...
                                X