Trials Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    im stuck on the wreck, just cannot make it past the short tiny ramp on box with a oil drum on its side ontop, i can just about get onto it 1/6 tries but i can for the life of me make it from the drum to the the ramp below, started that bit with 127 tries used and used up all 500... so god damn rage inducing.
    I was struggling with that all day. I rage quit three times.

Then I got it, and now I can do it probably more than one time in five. Jump up there and lean forwards in such a way that your front wheel lands on the barrel and your back wheel is high in the air, and slam on the brakes. You should balance there for a bit. From that position, you can quickly lean backwards to shift your back wheel to the barrel, and then quickly launch forwards from there. Still takes a bit of practice, but it works. I was trying for ages just to land on the barrel normally and you just can't get enough speed that way. If that doesn't make sense, find my replay on the leaderboard to see me do it.

I was reaching that bit on 17 faults and fumbling over in 200, but now I've set a time of 19 faults and got the gold medal for it!
    Last edited by toythatkills; 23-04-2012, 23:39.

Comment

Nailed the Ascent achievement, took about 1 hour 20 solid trying to do that in one go. Lack of momentum in the Rattler makes it very hard.

Comment

I'm on this now. Already hooked on the minigame things (or whatever they're called). I can't even begin to work out how the dweeb at the top of the Icarus leaderboard nailed that distance. My guy just spins around in the air - his was locked in perfect flight position and went on forever. I can't even get near TTK or Malc's distances. Hmph. I quite like that petrol run-out game, too.

The only prob I find with this game, is when you're in the zone all goes well. Then, suddenly, you bomb, get stuck in a rut and can't get out. On that petrol-run game, I did really well, plateaued, then for ages afterwards I lost all composure and ability and could barely make it over the first obstacle without using half a tank. The peaks and troughs in this game are sudden and brutal, and arrive without warning.

Add me up if you want run of the mill and piss poor times/scores/distances to beat, and feel better about yourself.

Comment

I've got Gold medals on every level now and a few Platinums (haven't been trying for them yet) including one Platinum on the first Extreme Level "Truth is Out There"

Comment

Is one of you lot Laughing Assassin?

Anyway, see if you can beat my times on the easy levels!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              I'm on this now. Already hooked on the minigame things (or whatever they're called). I can't even begin to work out how the dweeb at the top of the Icarus leaderboard nailed that distance. My guy just spins around in the air - his was locked in perfect flight position and went on forever. I can't even get near TTK or Malc's distances.
              I hate that stupid game, I think it's just completely random. I did enough to get a gold medal and I'm never playing it again, because I've got no idea what I did to get a gold medal that I hadn't done on every single other go.

Comment

I still suck at this but wow, some of the user created content is amazing.

Even some of the stuff that is using the advanced editor to create non-motorbike action is hugely impressive. It should have been called Trials: Unlimited.

Comment

I am enjoying this, but not nearly as much as the original. The tracks feel even more contrived than before, and fall the wrong side of annoying for me. There seems to be too many sections where I can't see where I'm going, and thinking, 'oh, f-off, the design is just ridiculous'. Be it the way the sunsets seem to burn my vision and piss me off, rather than wow me, or the endless floating bits of metal and wood to negotiate, I don't feel as if the gameplay is as intuitive as in the first game. There's less last-minute adjustments and more instant unforseeable fails.

Of course, Trails was always a memory test, but this game seems to place too much of an emphasis on this, and there's not enough sections where your reactions can scrape you through (or at least a distance) first time. Today, in Terminal Velocity, I came across a gently declining route into an abyss, only for a spring to throw my bike over to the other side. Only it didn't make it. I tried this six times and failed each time, then succeeded, though I've no idea how. There's too much of this type of random success and failure in this game.

Comment

I tend to agree. Sometimes the camera is at the wrong angle to judge the landing too.

However, the joy of beating all and sundry in the online supercross races is making up for it

Comment

I went back and completed all the levels from Trials HD that I hadn't got round to the other night, Is it just me or do you feel that theres less of the cool (but annoying) challenges within levels like the rolling balls, explosive boxes, breaking platforms and things like that? The new levels in Trials Evolution all seem to be fairly generic and for the most part easier.

I think the old game was also more forgiving with regards to rider contact, braking and balance too so you could "save" yourself from tricky situations easier.

Comment

I'm finding it easier to save a backwards flip (left trigger!), but harder to keep stable on landing against a slope, with rider left-right movement having slightly more momentum.

Comment

I finally got platinum on the Cruise Control skill game!!
                          Don't even bother attempting this feat unless you want loss of hair!!

Comment

That gigatrack.... Still haven't done it without faults. grrrr.

Comment

I'm well chuffed cos I've managed to get platinum on all the skill games.

Cruise Control definitely is the most difficult one to get!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                That gigatrack.... Still haven't done it without faults. grrrr.
                                Pfft, I only faulted 3 times online on that track and that was with the added pressure of racing people!

Comment

Working...
                                X