UK Wii pre-orders Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills
    Weird, their site still isn't advertising the fact that that page exists! Hopefully I'm in pretty soon... Reward card points ftw

I have two UK preorders now. And I'm still waiting on VG+. Ha.
    I think the emailers get the webpage first then it'll go live tomorrow, but it's redundant, people like us just pass the webpage about anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
      You sound surprised.
      You're right, of course.

I doubt any retailer would be able to resist an opportunity to shaft punters up the a-hole with the Wii launch.

I was seriously considering plunking down a pre-order, but I think I'll wait to see what happens come the 8th.

*sigh*

Comment

I bet if you wait till after xmas you'll see bundles with a free game or something

Comment

Sweet. Ordered. Happy, hope I'm quick enough to get a launch machine!

Now thats out of the way, is anyone aware of a place that is selling games for less than 40 notes as I only ordered Zelda?

Comment

Will the PAL Wii be multi-regional?

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
              Will the PAL Wii be multi-regional?
              The Wii is not multi-region, no matter where you buy it from .. until some handy-men find out how to mod it (think the GC JP/US-mod).

Comment

Originally posted by Blair
                Sweet. Ordered. Happy, hope I'm quick enough to get a launch machine!

Now thats out of the way, is anyone aware of a place that is selling games for less than 40 notes as I only ordered Zelda?
                Buy and Pre-Order Video Games, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PSN Gift Card, FIFA FUT. Your go to for gaming! ✓Free UK Delivery ✓Finance available ►Buy now!

really good, they sent me dead rising 2 days early... shame about the game though

edit: Knobs have bumped the price to 39.99 sorry!

edit 2: PC World have em for 35 i think

Comment

It's in today's Guardian that Play.com took 7,000 pre-orders in nine days. Apparently, it's the site's biggest console launch ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Hero
                    It's in today's Guardian that Play.com took 7,000 pre-orders in nine days. Apparently, it's the site's biggest console launch ever.

Bugger, wonder where i am

Comment

6,999 Nice pre order amounts there, wonder if they'll get em all sorted

Comment

surely it wont be as bad as the 360 launch?

Comment

could potentially be worse, even though there are more machines available.

you've got all the usual early adopters pre-ordering 2/3 from multiple sources to be sure, the usual ebay skanks out to make a quick buck, and a very short window from from launch to xmas.

price point is cheaper than the 360 was so its more of a xmas gift item for kids and the like.

my predicition is that there will be a horrible rush on Dec 8th, sold out signs everywhere, a week or 2 of frantic ebay bidding from parents desperate to ensure they have this years 'must have' xmas present before it all settles down in the new year.
                          oh and btw I have pre-ordered 2 from different places to be on the safe side cos I really want one.

Comment

Not sure where I read it but I'm sure Nintendo started production a while ago, I suspect they cant produce as quick as MS or Sony, but that must mean they'll have plenty of stock.

Plus the launch dates are spread more evenly this time (unlike the five days - ? - seperating US and Europe with the 360).

Comment

Originally posted by Florian Eckhardt from Kotaku
                              Monday afternoon? I get a call from the manager of GAME and for about thirty euros down payment, he upgrades me to a pre-order. As I did when the DS Lite came out, I ask him if there's any chance I won't get a Wii on launch day. His response: "I flat out guarantee you'll get one. We'll have tons."
                              I think we can sleep a little easier now.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                                Not sure where I read it but I'm sure Nintendo started production a while ago, I suspect they cant produce as quick as MS or Sony, but that must mean they'll have plenty of stock.

Plus the launch dates are spread more evenly this time (unlike the five days - ? - seperating US and Europe with the 360).
                                I don't see why they can't produce as quick as MS or Sony, it's not cutting edge technology, most of it is the same from before with more ram/slightly powerfuller CPU or whatever. I would have thought Nintendo would be able to produce Wii's much quicker

Comment

Working...
                                X