Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they gave away the reward as a means of selling the add-on.

Comment

But they fail for DD ;p

Comment

Woot finally made it, did King Gold again last night win first time out and now I'm a Captain. It really shows the difference between the good players on the server and the crap. Again went with BtL, no wipe, no deaths and the whole thing over in 20 mins killing all the weapons.

No more assaults for me with players with crap gear, no skill or random jobs!

Now to wrap up Nyzul Isle, 85 is logged on my disk and been having trouble getting an 86F run but will start trying again once I get my tags regened to the new magic number of 4.

Hope you're alright DJ, get well soon mate!

Comment

*Dies* I'm too excited to even try and explain it.

Job Changes Part 1

Comment

Esuna - finally!

Comment

Other job changes? Gogo SAM and DRK - the nation's favourite!

Let's hope BLM get some more nukes though for a change (might persuade me to bring it out of semi-retirement)

Comment

I doubt any job is going to get them on that scale though (sorry Rare). Any new barspells though, or just the bonus in defence. Shame there's still no JA that removes Weakend though. WHM has needed something like this ever since SCH was introduced. Roll on update.

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me if they did pull off that sort of treatment for other jobs, over half of the roster haven't seen that much love since the inception of the merit system, and every job benefitted from that, so chances are we're looking at even further back!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    over half of the roster haven't seen that much love since the inception of the merit system, and every job benefitted from that
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Seriously! LOL

Comment

Hey, I'm sure there's at least 1 ninja out there who was grateful for some extra ninjutsu skill

Comment

Well I presumed you were talking about the Category 1 and 2 job specific merits where NIN was handed a massive turd, with tiny turd sprinkles on top.

Subtle Blow merits - WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                          Well I presumed you were talking about the Category 1 and 2 job specific merits where NIN was handed a massive turd, with tiny turd sprinkles on top.

Subtle Blow merits - WOOOOOOO!!!!!!
                          Worry not my friend, Auspice will sort that out (Still loving this update news, sat in Uni with a massive grin on my face).

Comment

They'll probably give you a tool that'll mask your scent next lol, so that monsters that follow by scent will probably still be able to follow your scent, just as the equally as useless whitemagic spell allows for...

Comment

Nyzul Isle 95 logged just to log 100, had a nasty accident and a 96F floor wipe to a chariot trying to log it. Hard work is done now though, just get the PLD sword and log the 100 win!

Can finally start to farm now! Next up is getting WotG up to date, on the Treant NM if anyone else needs.

Comment

Mog Bonanza is returning.

What's “Mog Bonanza”?

Final Fantasy XI's 7th anniversary is fast approaching, which means— you’ve guessed it, kupo—the Mog Bonanza is just around the corner! The Mog House Management Union (MHMU) has unanimously decided to bring back this wildly popular event for the ballooning benefit of all the indefatigable adventurers of Vana’diel. Determined that the second edition of the event not be outdone by the first, we moogles have prepared a veritable treasure trove of prizes that will have even the jaws of connoisseurs of last year’s inaugural event dropping to the ground, kupo! Don’t even think about missing this chance to turn your Vana'dielian dreams into reality and become the envy of all fellow adventurers. Ridiculous amounts of gil or super-rare items of legend—or both—await you!

How to Play

The Mog Bonanza is a number-guessing game in which you pick a five-digit number of your choice, kupo. Playing is simple! Purchase a Mog Bonanza marble (*1) from a Bonanza Moogle at designated areas (*2), then have the vendor inscribe your desired five-digit number on it, kupo. If you can't decide on a number, we moogles will be more than happy to pick one for you. The winning numbers will be announced at a later date, so sit tight and leave the rest to Lady Luck, kupo!

The conditions for winning are as follows:

Rank 1 prize: all five digits matching.
                                Rank 2 prize: the last four digits matching.
                                Rank 3 prize: the last three digits matching.
                                Rank 4 prize: the last two digits matching.
                                Rank 5 prize: the last digit matching.

* The winning number for each prize rank will be drawn separately. In the event that winning numbers overlap for multiple prize ranks, the higher-ranked prize will be given precedence. For example, should the winning numbers for ranks 4 and 5 be “11” and “1” respectively, the holder of a bonanza marble etched with the number “11111” will be awarded with a rank 4 prize.

Up to 10 Mog Bonanza marbles can be purchased per character. You can have the same number inscribed on multiple marbles. This will mean bigger earnings should you have a winning number.

Purchase your Mog Bonanza marbles, check winning numbers, and collect prizes from Bonanza Moogles at Port San d'Oria (I-9), Port Bastok (L-8), Port Windurst (F-6), or the Chocobo Circuit (H-8).

FINAL FANTASY XI 7th Anniversary Mog Bonanza

Price: 2000 gil per marble.
                                Marbles will be available for purchase from May 15 at 19:00 until May 31 at 8:00 (PST).
                                Winning numbers to be announced June 16 at 1:00 (PST).
                                Prizes will be available for collection from June 16 at 1:00 until June 30 at 8:00 (PST).
                                Conditions of Purchase: Only characters for whom 45 days or more has passed since creation can purchase bonanza marbles.

* The winning number will be randomly determined in a strictly supervised process.
                                * Employees of Square Enix, Square Enix Inc. and Square Enix Ltd. and their relatives are forbidden from participating in the Mog Bonanza.

Prize List

Each Mog Bonanza marble with a winning number entitles you to an item of your choosing from the list of prizes in the corresponding rank.

Rank 1
                                Gil
                                Ridill
                                Kraken Club
                                Hofud
                                Valkyrie's Fork
                                Futsuno Mitama
                                Ares's Cuirass
                                Skadi's Cuirie
                                Usukane Haramaki
                                Marduk's Jubbah
                                Morrigan's Robe
                                Novio Earring
                                Defending Ring

Rank 2

Gil
                                Black Belt
                                Velocious Belt
                                Homam Corazza
                                Nashira Manteel
                                Mog Bonanza Kupon X. (*2)
                                Byakko's Haidate
                                Aurum Cuirass
                                Oracle's Robe
                                Enkidu's Harness
                                Herald's Gaiters
                                Joyeuse
                                Saber Shoot
                                Opal Silk

Rank 3

Gil
                                Hauteclaire
                                Seveneyes
                                Homam Cosciales
                                Nashira Seraweels
                                Mog Bonanza Kupon B. (*2)
                                Barbarossa's Zerehs
                                Algol
                                Trotter Boots
                                Voyager Sallet
                                Hermes' Sandals
                                Star Sapphire
                                Imperial Wootz Ingot
                                Yoichi's Sash

Rank 4

Khroma Ore
                                Behemoth Hide
                                Damascus Ingot
                                Damascene Cloth
                                Moldavite Earring
                                Bounding Boots
                                Empress Hairpin
                                Nidhogg's Scales
                                Wootz Ore
                                Orichalcum Ingot

Rank 5

Miratete's Memoirs
                                Pest Repellent
                                Mercenary Camp Entry Slip
                                Training Grounds Key
                                Martial Ball Invite
                                Cordial Invite
                                Adamantoise Statue
                                Behemoth Statue
                                Fafnir Statue

[ Regarding Gil Prizes ]

The amount of gil awarded for each rank will be determined by first taking a percentage value (listed below) of the proceeds of marble sales in all worlds, then further dividing the resultant figure by the total number of winners representing each rank.

Rank 1 → 50%
                                Rank 2 → 23%
                                Rank 3 → 27%

For example, in the case that marble sale proceeds total 10 billion gil, with 50 rank 1, 500 rank 2, and 5000 rank 3 prize winners, the amount of gil awarded to the winners of each rank would be as follows:

Rank 1 Prize: (10 billion x 50%) ÷50 = 100 million
                                Rank 2 Prize: (10 billion x 23%) ÷500 = 4.6 million
                                Rank 3 Prize: (10 billion x 27%) ÷5000 = 540,000

[ Mog Bonanza Kupons ]

Mog Bonanza Kupon B.
                                This coupon can be redeemed for a Dynamis-Beaucedine relic armor item of your choice.

Mog Bonanza Kupon X.
                                This coupon can be redeemed for a Dynamis-Xarcabard relic armor item of your choice.
                                Some changes to last year's but even having a few different rank 5 prizes means you get something of worth rather than EXP scrolls. I bet those statues will look good (presuming they're furnishings).

Probably most interesting is the new method of calculating gil rewards. Rather than just pump gil into the economy they are basing it on the amount used to partake so in theory the amount of gil in circulation will not change (although as the values are based on the amount of gil used across all worlds there is a possibility of gil being resdistributed across servers).
                                Last edited by C'; 27-03-2009, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X