X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saif View Post
    Journalist:
    Now, let us talk about something that was in the paper on Friday morning. I think it was you saying you're not going to win the title. Now, I can't believe you said that, so tell us the truth...

Rafa:
    The truth is very clear. I was talking with a French journalist and they were surprised, we were surprised, everybody was surprised. The only thing that cannot surprise you is the name of the newspaper so everybody in Liverpool knows about this newspaper and you know you cannot trust them.
    The Sun?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no! not another comeback from you lot against Hull :P

Comment

Two nil down after twenty minutes, and all square after thirty two, we only do it to wind up you Man U fans lol. Should be a cracker to watch on MoTD tonight.

Comment

LOL We can tell you from our own experience that Hull are no mugs. After 2 or 3 goalless games at Anfield, it is suddenly goals galore!

Comment

Bloody hell! I've shat me pants and done a little vomit in my top pocket.

Comment

I would be the same if I came face to face with a bunch of tigers!

Comment

I'm listening to this on 5live. Its horrible, Liverpool all over Hull.

You just know Hull will nick one.

Comment

Gash. Sounded like we battered them. Kuyt was clearly having a poor game. but Benitez would rather introduce Lucas, leaving Keane on the bench. I don't get it.

Comment

Benitez has finally run out of patience with Keane. A bit unfair me thinks.

Get rid of Dossena.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post

Get rid of Dossena.
                    ...and Lucas and Nani.

Comment

Lucas is a young player who has been improving since he arrived. I have no problem with him at all. He may well have a poor game or two throughout his development but I'd much rather Benitez showed patience and gave him more chances to prove himself.

I dont think Rafa has run out of patience with Keane at all, but in fairness, just as Jan Molby said on 5Live earlier today. If you're playing a man behind the striker in that Liverpool system then there is nobody better than Gerrard. So basically Keane is second choice to Gerrard whenever that system is employed. Hopefully a straight 4-4-2 will be employed once Torres is back and lets see if Keane can sort something out with Gerrard dropping back to conventional midfield.

Also, I heard a Liverpool 'fan' earlier on 606. Idiot was saying that Rafa went with wide players. That shocked him because he never did that before this season and its a complete change of tactics for him :/ Valencia were all about their quality wide players.

Ah well, no pleasing some idiots. Shame about the result today but United and Arsenal slipping up is doing us a favour.

Comment

Lucas always seems to hide. He doesn't demand the ball like Xabi or Gerrard. He's just somewhere on the pitch and that's it.

Comment

all together now...

come on you hammery bubbly lot!

Comment

Thank you WHam. Thank you Spuds. We've been let off again

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                              Hopefully a straight 4-4-2 will be employed once Torres is back and lets see if Keane can sort something out with Gerrard dropping back to conventional midfield.
                              The problem with 4-4-2 is the two players it doesn't really suit too well are Gerrard and Torres. Gerrard is just wasted playing that deep and also gives his partner lots of extra space to cover when he goes walkabout (fine with Mascherano, bad news with the less mobile Alonso or Lucas) and Torres just looks a bit duff playing with someone next to him, even if it's real quality like David Villa for Spain.

I hoped when Keane came in, our formation would remain the same 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Keane behind Torres and Gerrard tucked in on the right (where despite his sulking, he is really effective and a major goal threat). Keane likes to come out wide by the look of things anyway, and when he does Gerrard could move infield. But maybe that's why I'm in the stand and Rafa is in the dugout...

Poor old Dossena. I feel a bit sorry for him now, he's really been plugging away in the last few outings and going forward he actually looks quite a tidy little player with a good cross. Sadly anyone with two working legs looks like they can skin him at will and he's having a bad time going backwards. Would probably be great in a back 5 as a wingback.

Comment

I really do think Dossena has to be given time. I have definitely been berating his performances since he joined but the last 2 games have shown he is improving. Thats all you can ask of a foreign player in their first season in the Premier League. Look at Aurelio, he was unlucky due to injury, but he looked ****e for a good portion of the first year he was at the club but he has turned things around now.

As for the situation re Keane I'm not entirely sure what should be done. But I do agree entirely with you about Gerrard playing out with on the right with freedom to roam inside. The problem is though, you can tell how much Gerrard hates playing there before his official moutpiece always warns against putting him there. Thats Jamie Redknapp if you didn't know, he seems to pretty much say exactly what Gerrard is thinking. Its uncanny, especially considering they're friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X