No announcement yet.

Perfect Dark Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always up for a few co-op games online.

I'm enjoying Darkops too much though! Dual magnums and i'm untouchable in eradication matches

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
      Have just played through the first three levels with Spatial (who is on a NTSC 360, so it obviously does work). Great fun, despite me continuingly losing my silenced pistol rendering our stealth tactics a bit useless

Plus my headset was b0rked for some strange reason meaning I couldn't warm him about my badly timed grenade toss.

Screaming "****ing run!" at the screen obviously didn't help. Sorry about that Pete

I've fixed the headset now so I'll be up for another game at some point

Comment

lol I was wondering where that came from

I saw you take the grenades then you suddenly vanished. Next thing I know the room I was standing in exploded! I survived somehow though.

On the second level you are meant to go UP the lift then press the button to let me up, by the way. NOT sit on it while I send you up and down over and over again! I gave up in the end and found another way through. I've done that level three times now and each time I've taken a completely different route. Good stuff.

I was testing all the secondary functions of the weapons. Was wondering why the uzi threw to the ground. Tried to pick it up again. Whoops

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
          On the second level you are meant to go UP the lift then press the button to let me up, by the way. NOT sit on it while I send you up and down over and over again!
          Yeah, I should also apolgise for that too

Comment

I think I just saw Soi playing a Darkops match.

Friends request sent.

Comment

This game is amazing. Was playing on my HD projector last night for hours and the level of detail is just.. wow. Simply stunning.

And it feels so much like PD and Goldeneye. Which is just what I wanted.

Comment

Yeah. I love it -and just posted my impressions in the Online thread.

I'll be on more this afternoon if people want some Darkops. All the modes are really fun.

Comment

soi, fire me an invite if your on this.

Comment

anyone noticed this yet....

Comment

haha...as far as glitches go you don't get much funnier

Comment

Originally posted by simoran1
                        he he..mint!

Comment

I really hated this after the first level. BUT level 2, like the dumb Eurogamer review said... it clicked. Now it feels old SKOOL to the max and I like it. A lot. But I do need practice for multiplayer. Question though, whats the deal with the 'worlds best' things, often I will have one score higher and the rest will be lower (usually combat high, sleath 0 ) so does it only count if you get the best in every field?

Comment

How does PDZ compare in the technology stakes to the likes of Half-Life 2 and Far Cry?

I've been reading lots of people have been wowed by it, but from the screens and footage I've seen, it looks visually inferior to the above examples.

Comment

This game is so much fun - just been playing co-op with Jebus, and the night club mission is great, the way the music works on the 5.1 is excellent, with it muffled like on the outside and getting more intense as you enter the building. The lighting again is great, when you see the shadows cast onto to the walls from the ambient light, and the bump and texture mapping.

If this isn't next gen, then I'm looking forward to what is - there is so much detail on all the 360 games I've played, but more than this, the Live integration takes things to a whole different level - more co-op PD0? Bring it on please.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                                How does PDZ compare in the technology stakes to the likes of Half-Life 2 and Far Cry?

I've been reading lots of people have been wowed by it, but from the screens and footage I've seen, it looks visually inferior to the above examples.
                                Graphically it certainly isn't any better than HL2 or FarCry (I actually think it looks worse, PDZ looks very cluttered). It would take quite a beast of a pc to run PDZ with a decent frame rate, though - a good grands worth. I think those who have been wowed by the visuals don't play games on the pc.

While good enough, I didn't buy PDZ for the visuals, but for co-op and a single player fps with some replayability. So far the co-op is great and i'm warming on the campaign (which doesn't feel anything like GE or PD I might add - more a run and gun, shoot from the hip, pc fps. Still fun, but not a patch on the original)
                                Last edited by H-Man; 03-12-2005, 17:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X