No announcement yet.

Forza 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0cr means it didnt deduct any from your total winnings. It would have had you had damage.

Comment

Ahh ok, Cheers. I thought it worked around the other way as doesn't it say "Bonus" next to it? Nevermind, my bad.

Comment

There is a setting where you are not penalised for damaging your car (but I think you lose 5 or 10% of the total purse by default) - it's in the "edit difficulty" option in the menu just before you start the race.

Comment

Yeah, I am set to full simulation damage, and it normally seems to work ok.

Comment

This is the first Forza game I've played but am loving it.

Having been a big GT/GT 2 fan I'm liking the similarities although the amount of tinkering required has always been a little off-putting for me, though this seems to give a more relaxed less "Hannes manual" approach which I like.

Some of the designs I've seen are immense and add another dimension to the game. These coupled with the "just one more go" feel have resulted in it being a real time sink!

It's the first game for a long time where I've woken up for a quick blast before leaving for work.

Comment

I gotta say, my only complaint about this game is the opponent CPU AI at times.

I span out with an 8 second lead on the car behind me, I got back onto the track and saw him coming from miles away, he made no attempt to brake, none whatsoever and just absolutely ****ing annhialated me, and himself in the process, on lap 3 of 4 and I had to restart because he'd completed trashed us both...it needn't have happened and he could have gone round me either side as he would have "seen" me way in advance enough to brake.

Bit annoying...got to the endurance races today...holy ****.
              Last edited by Jebus; 12-06-2007, 17:17.

Comment

how long are the endurance races ? I've got up to the 5/6 lap affairs and its starting to take a bit of time to complete a race.

just realised I've thrown away the best part of a day off on this today. sombody said it earlier but its just a real-time black hole.

Comment

Only unlocked two of them, the first took me 50+ minutes and was 45 laps...but I got over 100,000 for winning plus a nice car. The second looks nearer to an hour but gives 120,000 credits. So they look about an hour long per endurance race, but they are SO lucrative

I don't know if I could ever finish them all, there's 10 of them and that's nearly 10 hours...doing the first was enough!

I started playing this at about 2pm when my wife went to playgroup with the kids, I stopped about 6:30pm...time black hole is right, but the levelling up is the addiction really, some races aren't much fun due to the courses and require too many laps.
                  Last edited by Jebus; 12-06-2007, 18:51.

Comment

I'm having too much fun with the editor... and i found a thread on car images
                    Last edited by melenko; 12-06-2007, 21:39. Reason: i forgot to look

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                      I gotta say, my only complaint about this game is the opponent CPU AI at times.

I span out with an 8 second lead on the car behind me, I got back onto the track and saw him coming from miles away, he made no attempt to brake, none whatsoever and just absolutely ****ing annhialated me, and himself in the process, on lap 3 of 4 and I had to restart because he'd completed trashed us both...it needn't have happened and he could have gone round me either side as he would have "seen" me way in advance enough to brake.

Bit annoying...got to the endurance races today...holy ****.
                      This happened to me tonight. Car I was jostling with for position clipped me and I fell in behind him. Next thing I know I'm smashed into from behind by some rampaging buffoon who's never heard of the word brake.

Thing is I've generally found the AI quite solid so it kind of stuck out like an irritating sore thumb.

Comment

I'm giving this game until the end of the month - if people are still playing it I'll buy it.

Most interested in the car design mode tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                          This happened to me tonight. Car I was jostling with for position clipped me and I fell in behind him. Next thing I know I'm smashed into from behind by some rampaging buffoon who's never heard of the word brake.

Thing is I've generally found the AI quite solid so it kind of stuck out like an irritating sore thumb.
                          I guess thats more life like though since its inconsistent at times, just like me or you. We dont always nail every turn perfectly, and avoid every crash situation when playing online with each other so its right that the same can happen when playing AI as its just mimicking real life.

Dont ya think!?

Comment

I too have had a similar one got to close to an AI car through a chicane and he spun me out, we were way ahead of the opposition but the throd placed car decided to just steam straight into the side of rather than make any attempt to avoid me. It was quite funny but I was glad it was only a 5 lap race I had to repeat

Comment

what i can't fathom is why i get penalised with a damage penalty if somebody drives into the back of me, seems a bit unfair.

have to say so far thought the AI has been impecable for me, I'm really impressed by it.

Comment

If you're off the track and wanting back on and cars are racing by you (on the racing line) then YOU should be the one staying out their way to let them back on - Not jumping on the track leaving them no time to take maneouvres

I think the AI is pretty much unparalleled in console racers - I just wish the DRIVATAR was still there.

Jebus - You know you can "employ" AI drivers to do the endurance races for you ?

Comment

Working...
                                X