No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 (PS3 / Xbox 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it out - only 3 ahcievements short now! Other than this, just Vet and Pro to do!

Comment

I was only 1 achievement short (finish game on pro) then my save corrupted

So now I have to play through it a few times to unlock the neccasary weapons, play heaps of mercenries again to get enough points to get infinite ammo for the magnums and then finish Vet again to unlock pro, then finish pro! argh!! I was like a third through pro last night

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
        I was only 1 achievement short (finish game on pro) then my save corrupted.

Oh, unlucky mate.

I would have gave up instantly but since you are a fan of the game (I presume so) it's good fun to go through it again. Yes, I know I am not helping here...

I've reached chapter four and my guessing of who the caped/masked person is all along seems to be right on the money even though he/she hasn't revealed him/herself to me yet.

I quite enjoyed chapter three - it is quite a departure from the first two chapters - however, the action values and general pace of the game cranks right up to the highest gear to the point of me thinking, 'whoa, slow down guys!' but it keeps the adrenaline going.

I also reckon the visuals are up there with the very best graphical showcases available to play at the moment. The

boat chase down the marsh where all the oil tanks are cheekily placed is a real highlight - there is so much going on!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          I was only 1 achievement short (finish game on pro) then my save corrupted

So now I have to play through it a few times to unlock the neccasary weapons, play heaps of mercenries again to get enough points to get infinite ammo for the magnums and then finish Vet again to unlock pro, then finish pro! argh!! I was like a third through pro last night
          You could co op with someone who has proffesional unlocked and just all the single player achievements done in one boot.

Comment

Where can one find a rotten egg?

I have got about four golden eggs, six brown eggs and twelve white eggs but no rotten eggs whatsoever. I'm thinking you need to 'cook' them on that heated stone where the tribal guys supposedly cooked their own food but no option is given.

And URGH!

What is up with those enemies on chapter five that starts shooting at you? That isn't Resident Evil and the woeful 'cover' positions feels like an afterthought.

I certainly hope the game doesn't get worse from here - chapter five - onwards.

Comment

Only if you count Sheva acting like a completely useless bint and making two upcoming sections more difficult than they should be

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

I have got about four golden eggs, six brown eggs and twelve white eggs but no rotten eggs whatsoever. I'm thinking you need to 'cook' them on that heated stone where the tribal guys supposedly cooked their own food but no option is given.

And URGH!

What is up with those enemies on chapter five that starts shooting at you? That isn't Resident Evil and the woeful 'cover' positions feels like an afterthought.

Rotten eggs are randomly dropped from enemies from chapter 4 onwards and cannot be obtained any other way.

Sadly I'd say chapters 5 and 6 are the worst levels in the game and certainly the least Resident Evil-esque.

Comment

Versus mode delayed until April 9th

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

And URGH!

As I stated earlier in this thread chapter 5 features some horrible moments that make the failings of the game very apparent.

Chapter 6, while not exactly spectacular, is much more solid than 5 though.

Comment

Try eating a rotten egg, it's brilliant.

Comment

Can someone tell what's on the PAL bonus DVD please as I'm wondering if it's worth getting over the standard version?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
                          Can someone tell what's on the PAL bonus DVD please as I'm wondering if it's worth getting over the standard version?
                          Its not, unless you want the tin (which admitedly looks nice)

The DVD just has a making of, which lasts 35 minutes despite the box saying its on for 60, and a trailer for Resident Evil: Degeneration.

I wouldnt consider either worth the extra 10 quid that youd have to pay.

Comment

Finished this at the weekend and... well, that was a weak way to end a storyline 13 years in the making.

I don't think I'll ever look back at Resi 5 as being anything other than a huge disappointment with regard to the story.

The gameplay was exactly as I expected (and I have no complaints with that for the most part), but I was at least hoping that the locations, set-pieces, bosses and - most importantly - story would raise this above all else.

Alas, every single one of those left me feeling underwhelmed at best - the story in particular was such a let-down, particularly as they had such a rich mythology to tap into which they chose to virtually completely disregard.

Still, it will sell better than all of the previous Resident Evils, so I look forward to the non-puzzling, uninspired level design and lazy, recycled boss encounters with inadequate player feedback/signposting in future titles.

Comment

nvm should of refreshed the page

Comment

for some strange reason there were parts of this game where i felt like i was playing Umbrella Chronicles lol....... dunno why, maybe its the perspective of the game. Im mainly reffering to the lab parts of the game.

I have to admit though, there were a couple of places where i felt some tension and unease (in a good way) as the story was unfolding - im speaking in particular about the lickers area It was done well enough to sell the pre scripted scene.

I personally think that they should have done away with Sheva and had Chris and Claire Redfield, as the main peeps - would have made the bond and connection between bro and sis stronger. Last time they were reunited was in Code Veronica.

I have not completed the game yet, Jus started Chapter 5.1 so not far off now............... Im enjoying when i get into it, but booting up and getting started is a chore for me for some strange reason........ I jus feel like i can't be bothered lol........ not a good feeling for a game ive waited years for.

Last edited by 112; 23-03-2009, 12:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X