No announcement yet.

Nintendo Switch 2: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's any truth to that at all then we're in for one compromised device. I'm assuming, given the issues with that design, that it's like Sony's patents and won't amount to much. The goal is wide open for Nintendo on Switch 2, they just have to hold the course.

Comment

I've no doubt the patent is real but I very much doubt that that is the format the Switch 2 will take.

Comment

Considering how generic the patent looks to be (no detail on the hinge, cart slot, controls, connectors, etc), and that Switch 2 has been allegedly already been shown to developers, I'll file this along the vitality sensor patent, something Nintendo wanted to protect in case someone does a similar thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I've no doubt the patent is real but I very much doubt that that is the format the Switch 2 will take.
          On reflection, I think you, [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] & [MENTION=7539]briareos_kerensky[/MENTION] are right. That website knows full well what they're implying by pushing that story at this time in the original Switch's lifespan, hench the salt required.

Comment

Was a direct sequel to SMW2 rather than a remake though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
              Was a direct sequel to SMW2 rather than a remake though.
              Technically yes, but it borrows heavily from the original though so remake could be argued. Still not great either way.

Comment

What new hardware has Nvidia cooked up for Nintendo? Digital Foundry puts together all available info on the cutting-edge T239 processor.

DF mull over the potential power of the Switch 2

Comment

Nintendo has said that reports detailing the company's actions briefing external game developers on Switch 2 are "untru…

That Uncle of a friend, the one who works at Nintendo and said they had shown stuff to third parties - he's a liar and so is his Mum according to Nintendo

Comment

The grapevine is starting to murmur again: Switch 2 to use a Samsung OLED display, and the console will launch "early this year".

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      The grapevine is starting to murmur again: Switch 2 to use a Samsung OLED display, and the console will launch "early this year".

I feel like Nintendo are that paranoid about not wasting current hardware sales opportunities that I strongly doubt they announce anything about the successor before the current financial year ends start of April 2024...but at this point, who the hell truly knows what Nintendo are scheming on?

Comment

I agree the it's unlikely they'll launch Switch 2 before the end of fiscal year considering that they have biggish re-releases lined up all the way till March.
                        Nintendo World Osaka is getting a new Donkey Kong-themed attraction this spring as well, launching a new console in that timeframe will steal a lot of thunder from pretty much everythig else; announcement maybe, but not full-on launch. I would expect them teasing a new 3D Mario title beforehand and make that cross-generation instead of Zelda.

Comment

100% isn't coming before April 2024 and even within the lead up to summer it feels like we'd be getting a lot more leaks from the build up to mass production and third party software titles if things were needing to enter the final run before launch. Based on Nintendo's line up for 2024 so far they really have absolutely zero need to launch it before late 2024

Comment

I would expect them teasing a new 3D Mario title beforehand and make that cross-generation instead of Zelda.
                            Interesting.

I can definitely go with you on the idea of a new 3D Mario for the Switch 2, but recent Nintendo history shows that it's usually Zelda who gets the traditional cross-gen port behaviour (since Twilight Princess). I've heard a few journo rumours (pinch of salt applicable, obvs) of Aonuma & Fujibayashi possibly changing their minds about DLC for ToTK so I wonder if a Switch 2 port of "ToTK Deluxe" is something they explore after they've got the surely inevitable TP & WW HD ports out of the way...?

Comment

Talking about brand new games, no remakes or DLCs. Tears took years despite building on Breath, I wouldn't be surprised if it took another 2-3 years for a new Zelda to be announced.
                              Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will be cross-gen (lol)

Comment

Talking about brand new games, no remakes or DLCs. Tears took years despite building on Breath, I wouldn't be surprised if it took another 2-3 years for a new Zelda to be announced.
                                Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will be cross-gen (lol)
                                I doubt Tears took years, tbh. I feel like it was probably already in mind when BotW was being made, it's not like it's hard to see Tears being BotW DLC in an alternate timeline. Obviously a new Zelda game would takes ages to make from scratch in comparison but cross-gen porting previous games would be an easy tide-over and again, Nintendo have done it before as we have seen.

Remakes and remasters are pretty much all we are getting on the first-party side of things at best for Switch between now and the new hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X