Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Don't know how many of you remember me but I used to play as Mahlory and used to run the NTSC-UK Linkshell which later became Rargh!

It's cool to see that so many old names are still playing and wow this thread is still going from when I started it back in October 2003!!!

Some of you might remember when I proposed to my then bf (Mihki) in linkshell chat lol well I thought I'd just come and give you guys an update. We FINALY got married in November 2008 (Sorry we never got to do it in the game Tobal) and now we are expecting the birth of our first child, a boy in December!

Would be great to hear how you guys are, I still miss you and think about all of you from time to time and wonder how you're doing

I'm on Facebook so if any of you guys are on there send me a private msg on here or something and we can hook up

Love ya all loads

Sdub / Mahlory xxx
    Last edited by Sdub; 13-08-2010, 19:56.

Comment

Hey Mahlory, Congrats on the baby news

I think FFXI is pretty much winding down for most of us now, I canceled my account last month, just waiting on XIV now with crossed fingers that the PS3 version will be coming sooner than next year due to having just reached beta status.

Figures that I just started to enjoy Bard and scored my Lu Shang's fishing rod from 10,000 moat carp right before news that XIV would be launching a few months later. Right up until the end this game has been both delighting me and tormenting me in equal measure!

All the best to you and your fella!

Comment

Tobal, praf is thinking about doing a Magian Weapon for his SAM which is the best to do? STR or Store TP?

Comment

Congrats Mal/Mih, still playing ff11 with tickle, and depending on 14's release might even call it a day.

If you magian'ing only do the tp store one if you need 5-hit or 6-hit weapon where the tp store can free up an equipment slot, plus it quick and easy to make which is why alotof sam's do it. I went the Str way as i can make a 6hit setup with 437 delay weapon the STR route gives, which also means faster'n'harder swings

STP from

10 - merits
          4 - rose strap
          rajas - 5
          Brutal - 1
          usu feet - 7

if i ever get the new 5% haste belt with tp store on it i can free up the strap again

Comment

Thanks Tobal, ill let him know.

We killed the Abyssea La Theine Boss yesterday, pic below.

I have no idea how groups will do this without the setup we used. I was the only tank on it, with everyone else up the hills healing, Ranged Attack and Summons. So PLD,WHM,RDM,COR,RNG,SMN,BLM are really key. Nice to see SE "might" be giving thought to BLM and RNG. When a mob hits you for 1000+ over and over it was pretty /panic all the way through. Also has a curse move that makes it that you cant be cured for around 10seconds that comes hand in hand with another 1000+ hit lol.

Took about 20min to kill. Very happy we did this, LS put in alot of hard work! Plus I like the characters in the Abyssea CS's, some really nice designs.

Abyssea is really nice, lots of EXP, Drops and cool boss fights. Keeping a LS happy is pretty easy. When you can get EXP and about 5 NM drops in 1, 1hr 30 session makes a nice different to spending a day in sky!
            Last edited by djtickle; 17-08-2010, 07:46.

Comment

Abyssea is awesome, It came about 12 months too late though

Comment

Well whoop da whoop! LS killed Briareus yesterday and with my awesome "Red Lotus Blade" managed to get him to !! which made the fight miles easier! Was funny seeing the massive mob stunned for about 10 seconds from RLB lol.

We all got Atma of the Stout Arm which adds STR+:Major Attack+:Superior Ranged Attack+:Major, it was giving people like +50STR lol

After that we did Carabosse, wow now thats a pixe with a back attitude lol. Was a much harder fight but we won with not to many problems. A few /wets pants moments thou!

With the news of SE makin FF11 only a fiver a month if u have 14 im pretty sure im gonna keep my account on for pretty much just Abyssea.

Decided to have yet another blast for Maats Cap, Ding 67 SAM Not to sure how long it will last thou with 14 in sept!

BST is by far the job of the moment for Abyssea, with the new pets there DD abilitys are awesome.
                Last edited by djtickle; 19-08-2010, 08:28.

Comment

Again, too late, 12 months ago this would have been awesome.

Comment

I was thinking it was too late, too but with FF11 goin down to a fiver if u have 14 ill prob keep it on for Abyssea! No Sign of Trials for salvage gearz, inc pissed people!

Comment

Content ID is only being reduced until January though I think.

Loving these though for having an active XI account.

Trust me, you're going to need that movement speed
                      Last edited by Rep; 20-08-2010, 14:14.

Comment

Tobal, do you use windower macros for ur sam?

If so can you send me your TP and WS sets please? Im after some idea on what i need to be aiming to, to have at least a above avarage setup. If not could u list what you TP and WS in?

Gear i was lookin at was

Pole Grip
                        Tiphia Sting
                        Walahra Turban
                        Peacock Charm
                        Brutal Earring
                        Bushinomimi
                        Haub +1
                        Dusk Gloves? Perle?
                        Aht Urgan Ring
                        Rajas Ring
                        Forager's Mantle
                        Swift Belt
                        Byakko's Haidate
                        Fuma Sune-ate

Im goin to be using hagun for abit but was also lookin at Hachiman Kote and Feet? Is it better to go for a 6hit with this kind of gear on sam or to keep haste in? Should i be using any of the Perle Gear?
                        Last edited by djtickle; 23-08-2010, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                          Content ID is only being reduced until January though I think.

Loving these though for having an active XI account.

Trust me, you're going to need that movement speed
                          Disappointed I'm going to be missing this in all likelihood.

My XIV account is going to be EU this time so won't have an active XI subscription on it.

Comment

Yeah I had a feeling that might happen too - I'm going EU this time as well, still we'll be getting the XIV item from the FFXIII code at least.

My biggest issue now is that GAME are offering an exclusive in-game item with the standard edition, but don't seem to be including it if you buy the CE

Not convinced those herme's shoes are going to be added effect though, you can't go throwing uber items at long standing players - the exclusive items given through things like vanafest have been more 'fun' than useful.

Just a guess though, but you can't tell with SE these days - I think they're more interested in cash now than satisfying their communities.
                            Last edited by Daragon; 23-08-2010, 13:49.

Comment

Yeah that's another thing that's pissed me off. Two different pre-order bonuses depending on if you pre-order the Standard or Collector's Edition.

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              Tobal, do you use windower macros for ur sam?

If so can you send me your TP and WS sets please? Im after some idea on what i need to be aiming to, to have at least a above avarage setup. If not could u list what you TP and WS in?

Gear i was lookin at was

Pole Grip
                              Tiphia Sting
                              Walahra Turban
                              Peacock Charm
                              Brutal Earring
                              Bushinomimi
                              Haub +1
                              Dusk Gloves? Perle?
                              Aht Urgan Ring
                              Rajas Ring
                              Forager's Mantle
                              Swift Belt
                              Byakko's Haidate
                              Fuma Sune-ate

Im goin to be using hagun for abit but was also lookin at Hachiman Kote and Feet? Is it better to go for a 6hit with this kind of gear on sam or to keep haste in? Should i be using any of the Perle Gear?
                              Tobal can answer in more detail but my understanding is that most SAM get enough Store TP to get the 6-hit build, then everything else is the same as TP sets for any other jobs (i.e. Haste > Accuracy > Attack > Base Stats). I think in "standard" SAM builds that means sacrificing either feet or hands for Hachiman but Usukane feet solves this issue.

Unless there's been a major update in the last month, I think Perle set is only an improvement for the jobs that cannot use Byakko's Haidate. Homam users (PLD and DRK) should switch over to Perle but not WAR, BST or SAM (unless they don't have Byakko's obviously). For example, despite the base stat bonuses, Haste+3% on Dusk will beat Perle hands. Haste is insanely powerful and because of the way it stacks, the more you have, the greater the increase each extra % offers in terms of how much extra damage you do.

If I was to change anything in what you listed I'd say Shadow Lord body instead of Haubergeon+1 (I'm not sure what the Throne Room [S] BC status is like these days though), an acc+5/7 ring instead of of the AU one (acc+1 beats att+4), and use an accuracy back piece (Cuchulain's at a bare minimum but a couple of new ones were in the last patch).

Comment

it save to say after Abyssea opened up the shadow lords not been seen.

Merits
                                STR5
                                GTK 8/8 (so 16 att/acc)
                                5/5 TP store (so 10 TP store)
                                5/5 med (brings it to 2:30 mins)
                                5/5 Overwhlem (1/5 shiki, 1/5 bash)

TP'ing
                                Weapon - was Hagun, now Hyogugusarinotachi http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fi...chi_(1563).jpg
                                Sub - Rose Strap - because of the new 437 delay on my weapon
                                Bow/ammo - hopefully we'll get the Thew Bomlet
                                Head - Perle
                                Arms - Perle
                                body - Noc
                                neck - justice
                                ear1 - brutal
                                ear2 - bushi
                                Ring1 - Raja
                                Ring2 - DD Toau
                                Back - Amement+1 (still lol, cerb/forger barely worth the gil for +1 str)
                                Belt - swift
                                Legs - byakko
                                Feet - usu

437 quicker swing than 450, so makes up for less haste. Only pratical improvement would gouading belt for 1 extra haste, and best of all +5stp which would free up the grip again.

Ws 'ing
                                Head - Champions (Str/agi/ws acc/ws dmg %)
                                Arms - Alkyes
                                body - Noc
                                neck - snow, justice for kasha(no light) and Rana
                                ear1 - brutal
                                ear2 - bushi
                                Ring1 - Raja
                                Ring2 - STR ring +5
                                Back - Amement+1
                                Belt - warwolf
                                Legs - usu
                                Feet - hachi

the head stacks with overwhelm from the Front(works well with trick) for a massive 21% ws dmg increase. hachi feet are still used to keep my ws hit at 16.5 tp, if wasn't so lazy on having to hit 2 macros i'd sub back for that +5str one as its been proven STR over Att on Gekko(and maybe yukki). Brutal and Noc stay on ws for chance of double and triple attacking on ws's(and tp store)

Improvements.. legs for the Hachiryu which +10str instead of 5. Would also use the Varangian helm and Heafec hands if using SATA (15str,15ws acc,2%dmg vs 25str,24att,-28 acc) and maybe cloud boots(9str, -7stp) if didn't i care about 6hit setup(or perle's +5str as it easier to get).

Comment

Working...
                                X