This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers tob.

Noc aint gonna be a option as that BC is never open so best to go with Haub+1? Askar if low eva mobs?

Apart from that and no usu, i can build a pretty desent set. Overwhelm 21% dmg o.o i never knew that lolol thats some crazy ****.

Comment

I'm thinking of going with a US account again to avoid having to buy a new security token and all the rest. Not logged in FFXI for months now, been blowing stuff up on MW2 on PS3 instead with my spare time.

Reckon I'm going to give 14 a go though I'm away when it launches but will get on when I'm back.

I should really get back on FFXI to finish up the mission lines and have quick run through all the content before calling it a day for good. Sort of 50 - 50 whether I want a new MMO they are just such huge time sinks.

Comment

Job Adjustments Part I (27/08/2010)

The upcoming version update, featuring the next stage in the level cap increase, fast approaches, and the development team is feverishly preparing a veritable banquet of new job abilities and spells especially for this momentous occasion. With select jobs also set to welcome existing traits to their arsenal, there is bound to be something to satisfy every adventurer palate.

The following new job abilities will be added:

Divine Caress (WHM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
        If the next spell you cast cures a status ailment, your target will gain enhanced resistance to that ailment.

Saboteur (RDM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
        If the next spell you cast is enfeeblement magic, its effect and duration will be enhanced.

Spur (BST Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
        Grants "Store TP" effect to pets.

Tenuto (BRD Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
        If the next song you cast affects yourself, it will not subsequently be overwritten by other songs.

Soul Jump (DRG Lv.85 Effect Duration: 3 min.)
        Delivers a high jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.
        *The recast timer for Soul Jump is shared with High Jump.

Blood Pact: Ward "Earthen Armor" (SMN Lv.82 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
        Mitigates the impact of severely damaging attacks for party members within area of effect.

Blood Pact: Ward "Tidal Roar" (SMN Lv.84 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
        Lowers attack for enemies within area of effect.

Efflux (BLU Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
        If the next spell you cast is a "physical" blue magic spell, a TP bonus will be granted.

Courser's Roll (COR Lv.81)
        Enhances "Snapshot" effect for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 3. Unlucky number: 9.

Blitzer's Roll (COR Lv.83)
        Reduces melee attack delay for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 4. Unlucky number: 9.

Feather Step (DNC Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec.)
        Lowers a target's critical hit evasion. If successful, will earn you a finishing move.
        *The recast timer for Feather Step is shared with Steps.

Job Traits

The jobs listed below will each welcome an existing trait to their arsenal upon reaching the specified level, beyond which the degree of mastery will increase in stages.

MNK Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
        WHM Lv.85 Shield Def. Bonus
        RDM Lv.85 Mag. Burst Bonus
        THF Lv.83 Dual Wield
        DRK Lv.85 Crit. Atk. Bonus
        BRD Lv.85 Fencer
        NIN Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
        COR Lv.85 True Shot
        PUP Lv.85 Crit. Def. Bonus

The following new spells will be added:

- White Magic
        Enlight: PLD Lv.85
        Addle: RDM Lv.83
        Refresh II: RDM Lv.82
        Cura II: WHM Lv.83
        Gain-VIT: RDM Lv.81
        Gain-MND: RDM Lv.84
        Boost-VIT: WHM Lv.81
        Boost-MND: WHM Lv.84
        Animus Augeo: SCH Lv.85
        Animus Minuo: SCH Lv.85

- Black Magic
        Endark: DRK Lv.85
        Aero V: BLM Lv.83
        Break: BLM Lv.85
        Stoneja: BLM Lv.81
        Waterja: BLM Lv.84

- Songs
        Mage's Ballad III: BRD Lv.85
        Earth Carol II: BRD Lv.81
        Water Carol II: BRD Lv.84
        Sentinel's Scherzo: BRD Lv.82
        Foe Lullaby II: BRD Lv.83

- Ninjutsu
        Myoshu: Ichi: NIN Lv.85
        *Uses the ninja tool, "kabenro."
        Yurin: Ichi: NIN Lv.83
        *Uses the ninja tool, "jinko."

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
        Regen III: SCH Lv.83

- Black Magic
        Aero III: DRK Lv.84
        Aero IV: RDM Lv.83
        Water V: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)
        Aspir II: BLM Lv.83

Several new blue magic spells will be added.

In addition to the above, performance-enhancing tweaks are also in the pipes for numerous existing job abilities. The exciting details will be announced in the very near future, so keep watching this space!
        Quite surprised they've announced these updates so soon. Normally we have to go through many updates of boring crap no one cares about before we get good stuff like this.

Sadly I don't see anything there that gives me any confidence that NIN has any chance of getting fixed. The Skillchain Bonus trait is just downright insulting and after the Aisha:Ichi fiasco, I imagine the 2 new spells will simply be more stat reducing spells to go with theAisha's attack down effect (evasion and defence down would be 'useful' but hardly enough to make NIN itself desirable).

Presume that Part 2 is coming next which will offer more in depth detail of job changes but if nothing there suggests improvements, that will definitely be my account cancelled.

Of the other stuff though, I like the sound of the new COR rolls (although the wording on Blitzer's Roll is concerning for Store TP builds), Addle will be good if it's an Amnesia spell and BLM get Aspir II and Break which will be cool. Also intrigued that they have created Stoneja and Waterja. Wonder what the Ja spells offer that deserves the different suffix?

And , a little LOL that RDM gets Refresh II the exact time /rdm gets Refresh.

Comment

Looks like a epic update coming....

Rumor has it that it looks like nin is getting Eminity and EVA or DEF spells. Refresh 2, Ballad 3 always gonna be win. En spells for PLD and DRK, Addle for RDM and Break for BLM o.o

Possible new spell line for blm ja and Aspir 2.

Saboteur for RDM, maybe this could be really really good. Will see.

Make of win much!? I think so.

The upcoming version update, featuring the next stage in the level cap increase, fast approaches, and the development team is feverishly preparing a veritable banquet of new job abilities and spells especially for this momentous occasion. With select jobs also set to welcome existing traits to their arsenal, there is bound to be something to satisfy every adventurer palate.

The following new job abilities will be added:

Divine Caress (WHM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
          If the next spell you cast cures a status ailment, your target will gain enhanced resistance to that ailment.

Saboteur (RDM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
          If the next spell you cast is enfeeblement magic, its effect and duration will be enhanced.

Spur (BST Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
          Grants "Store TP" effect to pets.

Tenuto (BRD Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
          If the next song you cast affects yourself, it will not subsequently be overwritten by other songs.

Soul Jump (DRG Lv.85 Effect Duration: 3 min.)
          Delivers a high jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.
          *The recast timer for Soul Jump is shared with High Jump.

Blood Pact: Ward "Earthen Armor" (SMN Lv.82 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
          Mitigates the impact of severely damaging attacks for party members within area of effect.

Blood Pact: Ward "Tidal Roar" (SMN Lv.84 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
          Lowers attack for enemies within area of effect.

Efflux (BLU Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
          If the next spell you cast is a "physical" blue magic spell, a TP bonus will be granted.

Courser's Roll (COR Lv.81)
          Enhances "Snapshot" effect for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 3. Unlucky number: 9.

Blitzer's Roll (COR Lv.83)
          Reduces melee attack delay for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 4. Unlucky number: 9.

Feather Step (DNC Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec.)
          Lowers a target's critical hit evasion. If successful, will earn you a finishing move.
          *The recast timer for Feather Step is shared with Steps.

Job Traits

The jobs listed below will each welcome an existing trait to their arsenal upon reaching the specified level, beyond which the degree of mastery will increase in stages.
          Job Level Job Trait
          MNK Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
          WHM Lv.85 Shield Def. Bonus
          RDM Lv.85 Mag. Burst Bonus
          THF Lv.83 Dual Wield
          DRK Lv.85 Crit. Atk. Bonus
          BRD Lv.85 Fencer
          NIN Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
          COR Lv.85 True Shot
          PUP Lv.85 Crit. Def. Bonus

The following new spells will be added:

- White Magic
          Enlight: PLD Lv.85
          Addle: RDM Lv.83
          Refresh II: RDM Lv.82
          Cura II: WHM Lv.83
          Gain-VIT: RDM Lv.81
          Gain-MND: RDM Lv.84
          Boost-VIT: WHM Lv.81
          Boost-MND: WHM Lv.84
          Animus Augeo: SCH Lv.85
          Animus Minuo: SCH Lv.85

- Black Magic
          Endark: DRK Lv.85
          Aero V: BLM Lv.83
          Break: BLM Lv.85
          Stoneja: BLM Lv.81
          Waterja: BLM Lv.84

- Songs
          Mage's Ballad III: BRD Lv.85
          Earth Carol II: BRD Lv.81
          Water Carol II: BRD Lv.84
          Sentinel's Scherzo: BRD Lv.82
          Foe Lullaby II: BRD Lv.83

- Ninjutsu
          Myoshu: Ichi: NIN Lv.85
          *Uses the ninja tool, "kabenro."
          Yurin: Ichi: NIN Lv.83
          *Uses the ninja tool, "jinko."

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
          Regen III: SCH Lv.83

- Black Magic
          Aero III: DRK Lv.84
          Aero IV: RDM Lv.83
          Water V: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)
          Aspir II: BLM Lv.83

Several new blue magic spells will be added.

In addition to the above, performance-enhancing tweaks are also in the pipes for numerous existing job abilities. The exciting details will be announced in the very near future, so keep watching this space!
          Last edited by djtickle; 27-08-2010, 12:02.

Comment

some recent ffxi pics, Shadow lord fight and Viking Samurai!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

New Weapon Skills - look naff, Embedded not working for some reason...
              Last edited by Rep; 30-08-2010, 18:17.

Comment

Grats tob, its really nice to see our Abyssea LS working out. Im really into 11 again atm, nice to have such a good LS going. Not sure how im going to fit 14 in now lol.

Yeah the WS's look poo. But they all look like they are elemental so guessing they are in place for Abyssea. GS got shafted its just a remodel of ground strike. Like how SE have pimped out some of the chars doin the WS's
                Last edited by djtickle; 31-08-2010, 07:28.

Comment

Just been trying to log my account in after getting the SE mail the other day about changing accounts. I can't get anything working think my POL ID payments stopped being picked up as well. Going to need support to fix this little lot and get back online.

What you guys up to in Abysea?

Comment

May be something to do with this?

If I've read that correctly it may mean that those of us who have US accounts will have them switched to EU ones later today. Assuming I've understood this section:

Accidentally Registering the Wrong Region

It is possible that you previously registered a different country for your Square Enix Account than your current country of residence. This may have occurred if you moved since your previous registration. The screen below will be displayed when selecting your country of residence if the country you have selected is different from the region already registered to your Square Enix Account.

This means those of us who had US FFXI and are going for EU FFXIV should still be able to get those Hermes shoes for having both games active on your account.
                    Last edited by C'; 31-08-2010, 08:19.

Comment

Sweet I'll get it sorted later, I'll be in touch when I'm back and see if I can join up with you folks.

Comment

oh thankyou SE, this is a god send.

Comment

I've got some free time this Sunday, so if people want to work on the remaining content before the update, that would be great.

Comment

Righty I've manged to reactivate my content IDs now I'm trying to do this Square Enix account crap. So what is my square enix ID its confusing the hell out of me...

Right got it ignore me updates running, now to work what if anything I'm supposed to do with this account thing.
                            Last edited by Tsingtao; 31-08-2010, 15:48.

Comment

The new armour looks ace, kind of like a throw back to more SNES'era FF's. The cor hat with the eyepatch looks brilliant as do the AA statues.

Comment

Good to see the WHM no longer looks like a Durex.

Comment

Working...
                                X