Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every action you take in Abyssea has a different effect, from gaining treasures, to extra time, to exp/cruror. These are done by collecting "lights". For example a melee kill will give everyone a pearl light, while Elemental WS gives another type, magic kills another and so on. You work the system into collecting these lights, then attempting to make time chests and exp chests appear, each time chest adds an extra 10 minutes.

Each mob you kill (of the same type) grants more and more exp, it takes a while to get rolling, but starts at around 60 a kill, ending at (at least the highest i've seen) 600+. If you kill another type of mob during this time, the chain breaks and you start at the lowest exp.

By manipulating the chests and killing the same mobs over and over, the exp is endless. I also noticed today one the new key item abyssites are extra stone, and making time chest appear (not 100% on 2nd).

Comment

Both my lightning path (DEX/Accuracy) and wind path (AGI/Evasion) katanas are fully completed for level 75 now. The changes to the points system (1 for day kill, 5 for weather kill and 6 for both) make it much easier.

Just need to keep my eye out for VNM shouts to complete my max damage Mozu then I can start leveling to 80.

Need to think about RNG weapons too although I'll probably just to do fire path (STR/attack) for both bow and gun.

Comment

just go an level to 80(85) already, it will make fighting the vnm easier for all of us.

Comment

Oh my, I've only just seen the DAT mining results for the new WS.

Blade: Hi - Deals quadruple damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP. Kannagi: Aftermath.

That could be amazing! And it looks awesome too.

Need Tobi!

Comment

I'm guessing the maintenance tonight has something to do with Abyssea There was an Iron Giant that wouldn't leave the maw, it would kill everyone that zoned in (myself included) before even getting a chance to get tags. Logged out at that point

Comment

dang, was hoping to finish cor to 85 tonight, got sam to 85 last night which with only shout atma giving me a total of 234str on ws, combined with zerk,food and stewart drink giving me 999atk(for 5mins on drink, 840'ish atk otherwise).

According to tickle, its seems at least the +1 af3's are solo quest repeatables so can be easily made.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                According to tickle, its seems at least the +1 af3's are solo quest repeatables so can be easily made.
                From what I've heard, the drop rate is naff (you need x3 of an item which drops of a mob), these are selling for 50k each atm, three items = 1 seal. Howeverrrrrrrr, the seal you receive is suppose to be random. Not sure if that last bit is true or not.

Comment

Depends on which ur doing atm there is only 1 quest for legs thats really expensive which item needed is 50k a go. Thats for PLD,RNG,MNK,BLU other quests are pretty cheap i know SAM legs is a cheap one u just need a bunch of galka sausage which is about 10k a stack. 1st time u complete u get a reward or curor. From then on u get Curor or 1 of 4 seals. Or both. Drop rate on seals isnt great. Others just involve running about as easy as that! But all +1 can be solo'd just takes time.

Even the requiments for the +2 aint bad just a couple of NM kills and u will have ur +2 items.

So far of solo quests ive got

Legs -

3mnk
                  2pld
                  1rng
                  2blu
                  1brd
                  2drk

You need 8 to upgrade.
                  Last edited by djtickle; 17-09-2010, 12:53.

Comment

Last night I ended up with x2 BST, x2 SAM, x1 WHM.

I've done the quest four times today and not received a single seal

On the plus side I've made 33 thousand exp doing Bastion in-between.

Comment

Well now, trying to duo that Iron Giant last night was fun To be fair we did pretty well considering we took 45% off it. Mistakes aside we'd do it differently next time. Even with well over 100 INT and 320 Elemental skill about 1 in 5 Water V would go unresisted. I don't believe these reports of Solo, since at 23 yalms away, by the time Bio went off it was already hitting me, DoT damage was 0, never once saw it drop (after 5 Bio's when I held it at the start, didn't go below 99%). You only have 1 hour to kill this thing too.

If we took Gael next time, I could go RDM and kite that thing all day long. When I was mentioning RDM gear last night, these are some pretty good suggestions. I modelled my BLM and RDM and that guys playstyle
                      Last edited by Rep; 21-09-2010, 09:11.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

tammuz solo, on rng of all things.. guessing an mage job would have it easy.

Comment

...and on the theme of Final Fantasy soundtracks, iTunes also has the interesting looking FINAL FANTASY XI 8th Anniversary Memories of Dusk and Dawn which I hadn't seen before.

Comment

If you have the other soundtracks it doesn't contain anything new other than (the horrible) PlayOnline music tracks.

Comment

Ok, I have this running again on my GTX460. Had to update the BIOS on my GPU before the beta drivers would work on my card (a common problem apparently) so hopefully can try and get back to doing NIN to 85 (Blade: Hi is getting very nice reports) whilst also playing XIV.

Yes, I am emphasising why I'm coming back to wind Tobal up after his recent comment in the XIV thread.

I know I got a PIC pearl a while ago so fingers crossed I can still join in with that.
                              Last edited by C'; 11-10-2010, 10:45.

Comment

I still need to do the Genkai for 85, I've not been on since I partied with DJ ages ago. Must come ahve a play at some point...

Comment

Working...
                                X