Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed they announced December's version update and have confirmed that WOTG will finally be concluded.

Not sure what's been happening Tobal/Rep but did you guys ever progress on these? Pretty much the only thing I want to do now. My current progress is needing to complete the final set of nation quests.

Tried to get involved in the game a couple of weeks back but just felt like I had too much catching up to do at best (and needed to level a whole new job at worst). I even bought the 2 Abyssea add-ons which was just wasted money. XD

Comment

Don't be put off Rare catch up now is quite easy I've come back after over 6 months away and the game actaully fits casual play now. I need to finish ASA and catch up the quest lines for sandy, windy and bastok for WotG as well as the missions.

Got myself a casual EU aby shell and starting colecting atma etc. A new job is easy as well now like I say 3 days to level WHM 42 - 85 + pretty much fully meritted.

Comment

WotG has been at the back of my mind for ages, I've not forgotten about it

I'm not sure how desperate people are to finish it but it would seem appropriate to finish it at Christmas time, when people have time off work and are generally in good spirits. Especially since this feels like "the end".

As I've mentioned in the past though, I doubt the finale will have been designed for 75 in mind, so there's a chance you'll need to work on those 85's.
        Last edited by Rep; 11-11-2010, 12:40.

Comment

I'm still on the final fights for each of the nations.

Comment

details on the AF3 body and hands,

follow the link to see the full armour, ninja looks really good and with the recent atma combo's for crit dmg and crit rate made even the cheapest ninja do 2k to 4k damage ws's with normal trial weapons. I still got a ways to go to finish the current AF3 bits, only managed to finish sam and rdm legs up to +1(+2 are paaaiiiinnn)

Comment

I've yet to even get my +1s, I'm still levelling jobs right now. This weekes fun has seen me get NIN to 54 and THF to 79. Just getting some THF gear now, picked up these bab boys so far

Next it's time for the swift belt just building fomor hate for the pop then back to sky for some Heca gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                details on the AF3 body and hands,

follow the link to see the full armour, ninja looks really good and with the recent atma combo's for crit dmg and crit rate made even the cheapest ninja do 2k to 4k damage ws's with normal trial weapons. I still got a ways to go to finish the current AF3 bits, only managed to finish sam and rdm legs up to +1(+2 are paaaiiiinnn)

http://clinpachi.com/masterAF3.jpg
                I was reading a thread on BG the other day which backed up what you say. Whilst NIN isn't top tier DD (nor was it ever, or did I expect that) it was once again considered very high (WAR and MNK dominate now apparently although Empyrean weapons seem to skew things again).

As I've been out of the loop for so long I didn't really understand the reasoning as to how this came about (some mention of atma and how critical hit weapon skills are pretty good atm) which again is what you are saying, but as I say I'm not really 100% clear on the ins and outs of all this.

Got me very tempted to return though I will admit.

Also, wow at the announced storage updates.
                Last edited by C'; 19-11-2010, 10:08.

Comment

Rare NINs are big time back in vogue as Main Assist for Abyssea parties and also for trigger !! for atma. They hold about ahlf the WSes needed for making it proc...

Comment

Official Site has been updated now, for a closer look at those sets Tobal posted. The Ranger, Summoner and White Mage ones are pretty swish.

Comment

I love the atma stuff, it like an extra layer of depth on how you set out your character. As for sam it can't gain any benefits from Razed Ruin(30dex,30%critrate,30%critdmg) and Sanguine scythe(20/30crit dmg, HP and enimty), so i use STR/ATT which sadly atm doesn't give boost to my WS dmg, before an extra 500'ish on a normal 1500 hit gekko. For rdm i use a 10 tic refresh, +50INT, -enimty atma and either Heavens(fastcast,refresh+5,12%speed) or a MP/MND/refresh. Good fun.

SE did another double update, this time withthe biggest change of the patch in my eyes, mog sack! Seems to be a portable inventry slip npc that can be used anywhere and that would hold all rare/ex items and full armour sets(or single or a couple of pieces of each armour set and +1's).

Comment

And ace THF 85 and I just got my swift belt ^^

Comment

Haven't been playing a lot of this lately, and it's been getting to me.. so I jumped on for a nice long session in Qufim - levelled RDM from 21 to 25 tonight. Niice. I'm pretty happy and had a great load of fun with Fields of Valor just running around bashing worms and crabs for pretty good exp.

This is, still, the best game of all time.

Comment

Have to agree great fun again at the moment, unfortunately missed atma's from ovni and carabosse on Fridy but on the upside just started doing Einherjar!

Comment

There's a video on www.playonline.com of the new job emotes coming in the next update.

Some are pretty poor (RDM and RNG spring to mind) but some are awesome. NIN is sweet but will probably lead to an influx of "Kuchiyose no Jutsu" macroes.

Comment

Acquired job emotions can be performed at any time regardless of your character's current job or level.
                                Wait.. that's a bit weird isn't it? That a character currently playing as WAR can perform the WHM emote?!

Comment

Working...
                                X