This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Is wrong. We've p1ssed away enough lead-building points already (nine draws = 18 points) this season. Surely only the absolute MOTHER of Championship-winning runs (with home wins over Chelsea, Villa and Arsenal and victory at Old Toilet included) will be enough to deny Man-ure now?
    If we drop 6 more points we'll finish on 87. I think that would be enough this season to win it.
    With the exception of the OT game which is pretty close to a must win now, who the results come against is totally irrelevant. 3 points is 3 points regardless of whether you get them off Villa or West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
      If we drop 6 more points we'll finish on 87. I think that would be enough this season to win it.
      With the exception of the OT game which is pretty close to a must win now, who the results come against is totally irrelevant. 3 points is 3 points regardless of whether you get them off Villa or West Brom.
      I honestly find it hard to agree.

After spending most of this season so far in the top 2, we are now third. Villa and Chelsea are chasing hard. Arsenal (who should be out of it) aren't far off, either. The reality is that dropping a further 6 points (depending on other results) may also see us fall out of the top four - it is that tight.

Ergo, You are wrong IMHO when you turn around and say that we can afford to drop more points. We need to start winning and keep winning. Our run-in includes games against out direct rivals, three of them being at home. They simply have to be won - they are now basically six-pointers, as is the clash at Old Toilet.

Comment

Yeah, 'cos nothing screams Rafa's lack of knowledge like 2 La Ligas in 3 years, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup & 2 Champions' League finals in 3 years, winning 1.

Looks like you're the one without the 1st clue, Andromeda.
        With Cup competition any half decent team can have a chance of winning them (hell even my beloved City almost won last year) , its all about on the day , what because Portsmouth won the FA Cup they're a brilliant Team, Wimbledon were better than Liverpool the year they won the FA Cup , Spurs were fantastic I guess, because they won the Carling Cup , never mind they did nothing inthe league

La Liga means sweet FA to me... I'm British and care about teams that can win our own league thanks , Ramos did ok in that league , couldn't quite cut it over here , bar a little cup
        It's all about the league, and when was the last time Liverpool won that , Christ I was playing the Master System then and thinking it was state of the Art
        Liverpool will never win it with Rafa, The Man sent millions and millions, and to be honest the Team bar a few is full of average or poor players
        Shame if only David Moyes had access to some of that 200 million Raffa wasted , who knows Everton could have won the league .

All I know is Liverpool will go another year with out the title and have another foreign manager that spent millions and millions , win a few cups but not the Premiership, that lovely title that Liverpool have never ever won . Man Utd fans again are pissing them self's
        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 30-01-2009, 07:22.

Comment

Man U have to play arsenal, liverpool and Villa, it would be foolish to say full points from those are a foregone conclusion. 5 point effective lead is tough at this stage but they could lose their advantage in a week of games. Like most of the top teams, Man U have been struggling to score (outside of last weekend but the floodgates only opened there because of that stupid red card). When you're only winning by late goals in most games, you leave yourself open to freak goals resulting in the loss of two or more points.

Comment

I honestly find it hard to agree.

After spending most of this season so far in the top 2, we are now third. Villa and Chelsea are chasing hard. Arsenal (who should be out of it) aren't far off, either. The reality is that dropping a further 6 points (depending on other results) may also see us fall out of the top four - it is that tight.
            I don't want to bang on, but I think your maths are a little off...87 points will almost 100% certainly get you 2nd at the very least, to say the 5th place team could finish on that is bonkers tbh. I *think* 87 would be the highest ever 2nd place total too, but I can't be bothered to check.

Anyway that's it from me, chins up kids, it's not over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              but not the Premiership, that lovely title that Liverpool have never ever won. Man Utd fans again are pissing them self's
              Actually, that's not it from me, couldn't let this slide.

18 times? Just because you change the shape of the cup and call it the Sky Sports Wonder League or whatever doesn't mean a thing, it's still 'The League'.

And who cares what United fans think? Look how long and how much cash it has taken them just to be in with a chance of parity with us (still a couple of European Cups to go too).
              Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 30-01-2009, 10:26.

Comment

The Premier League is a much tougher competition to win than it was back in the good old Division One days, not to take anything away from Liverpool's past triumphs of course

You don't have to care what we think mate, we will just go about our business while your Loofa of a manager cracks under all the pressure. Oh and look how long it has taken for your lot to finally mount a decent title challenge against us, not to mention money too

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  The Premier League is a much tougher competition to win than it was back in the good old Division One days, not to take anything away from Liverpool's past triumphs of course
                  According to who? Richard Keys and Andy Gray?
                  You need a slightly higher points:games ratio nowadays but I'd say the gulf between the top 4-5 teams and the rest is greater now than it ever has been in terms of cash and quality players, giving them more relatively mismatched games from which to accrue the greater number of points.
                  The overall quality of the league has definitely improved, but disproportionately so towards the top end IMO.

Comment

And who cares what United fans think? Look how long and how much cash it has taken them just to be in with a chance of parity with us (still a couple of European Cups to go too).
                    Oh I care , and I care about Liverpool winning the Premiership thank you, if only to stop the tears from my mates.
                    You go on about Money , Liverpool like Newcastle have spent a fortune on players , Rafa and Houllier between them have spent and wasted around 300 to 400 million on players, So don't give me this sh8t over Money , not when Liverpool thier selfs have spent millions and million , and when I know of no Liverpool fan, that moaned when Liverpool could afford the buy the best in 80's
                    Next you'll be blaming bias from the Ref's , funny that people used to say that against Liverpool .

Liverpool side is just averaged bar 3 star players , and players like Lucas make me laugh He should go back to playing Football on the Beach . Miles and miles off winning the title .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      So don't give me this sh8t over Money , not when Liverpool thier selfs have spent millions and million , and when I know of no Liverpool fan, that moaned when Liverpool could afford the buy the best in 80's
                      I don't recall saying Liverpool hadn't spent loads of cash (lots of it on **** players too), nobody can deny that. Our wage bill is lower than the other 'big 4' (including Wenger's 'budget' Arsenal squad, despite what he'd have people believe) and we cannot afford to sign ?30m+ players like United or Chelsea, so there is still a quite significant gap (we couldn't even afford ?4m for Heskey while United spend a further ?16m on two players and can afford to loan one of them out).

Villa have shown you can still compete to a certain extent without mega-cash, so money isn't everything and if I ever thought it had become the only factor in winning the league I'd give up my season ticket (although, I think Villa will fall away during the run in).

As for the 1980's, Manchester United were the richer club even back then. Liverpool have never been in a position of financial dominance in the league and have only once in the clubs history broke the British transfer record (for Stan Collymore of all people) compared to United breaking the record five times, which is the most of any British club. Don't try and rewrite history.

Comment

According to who? Richard Keys and Andy Gray?
                        You need a slightly higher points:games ratio nowadays but I'd say the gulf between the top 4-5 teams and the rest is greater now than it ever has been in terms of cash and quality players, giving them more relatively mismatched games from which to accrue the greater number of points.
                        The overall quality of the league has definitely improved, but disproportionately so towards the top end IMO.
                        Well the fact (another dig at Loofa) that I posted it would mean it is my opinion

As for the rest of your post, is that why Liverpool have dropped so many points over the last few weeks?!

Comment

As for the rest of your post, is that why Liverpool have dropped so many points over the last few weeks?!
                          No, it's because we are playing ****. It is, however, the reason we are still high up the table despite not playing well in more than a handful of games.
                          Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 30-01-2009, 12:38.

Comment

I don't recall saying Liverpool hadn't spent loads of cash (lots of it on **** players too), nobody can deny that. Our wage bill is lower than the other 'big 4' (including Wenger's 'budget' Arsenal squad, despite what he'd have people believe) and we cannot afford to sign ?30m+ players like United or Chelsea, so there is still a quite significant gap (we couldn't even afford ?4m for Heskey while United spend a further ?16m on two players and can afford to loan one of them out).
                            I'm sorry Liverpool have spent more than most , when you add it up, and on what... ?18 million for the likes of Mascherano , excuse me while I laugh , Rafa has spent over 200 million on sh8t bar Torres. Torres or Captain Fantasic no on top form and Liverpool are dire and hopeless, a League winning side Liverpool most sadly aren't

Villa have shown you can still compete to a certain extent without mega-cash
                            Its called a good manager , something which Liverpool lack , shame there's one right next door to Liverpool , Old Moyes can teach Rafa a thing or too .

Comment

No, it's because we are playing ****. It is, however, the reason we are still high up the table despite not playing well in more than a handful of games.
                              Yeah it had nothing to do with Wigan, Everton, Stoke or Hull at all

We (United) haven't played superbly well either and are top

Comment

Yeah it had nothing to do with Wigan, Everton, Stoke or Hull at all
                                Not really, I think Wigan are a decent side and were probably worth a draw, the other 3 games should've been won comfortably by us, even playing badly we controlled the games, we're just so awful in the final third at the moment we couldn't finish those games if they lasted 4 hours.

Originally posted by ezee ryder
                                We (United) haven't played superbly well either and are top
                                So, reinforcing the point that the teams below the top 4-5 of the league aren't really up to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X