No announcement yet.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. Why aren't xbox live gold members getting this now too? I don't want to wait till next week with Reach and Fifa demo out.

Comment

Noones mentioned it yet I don't think but there is no extra time or penalties in the demo. Game ends with a draw. I don't think the penalties earned during the game represent what they will be like in the final game either. The view wasn't centered behind the penalty kicker facing goal, it was an overhead camera, exactly the one used during play.

And after each match you are forced to watch the video showing what stuff is in the full game, no way of skipping it I've found and no rematch option after games. Faster to reboot the PS3 I think

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
        Meh. Why aren't xbox live gold members getting this now too? I don't want to wait till next week with Reach and Fifa demo out.
        Good point that. I never thought about it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Good point that. I never thought about it that way.
          The demo is out next week anyway. I'll give it the usual run through but I remain pretty pessimistic. It looks worse with every video I've seen.

Comment

Well had 1 match on the demo and I am rather impressed. Lovely fluid feel to the game. Passing is solid and challenging. Animation is decent but looks a little odd at times.
            Shooting is not so easy anymore.

I am about to try the Fifa demo and I think I will enjoy it more but this years PES is looking like it wont disappoint.

Comment

WTF. Is anyone getting slight lag at times during the game.

Comment

Not here (PS3).

Comment

when you say lag do you mean you're playing the game and feel like its still 2002 ?

please note smiley, this is a joke not an attack on PES
                  Last edited by merf; 15-09-2010, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    when you say lag do you mean you're playing the game and feel like its still 2002 ?

please not smiley, this is a joke not an attack on PES
                    It does feel a lot like PES 6 which to be fair isn't a bad thing.

Comment

they have nailed the crosses in pes 1st try of the demo and im impressed

Comment

I get where you are coming from if you are referring to input lag from button presses...

Comment

Played about 10 matches on this, better than pes 2010. Still seems to suffer from some slight input lag. On the plus side the keepers are better than 2010, shame they are so poorly animated. Also the lack of the advantage rule (from what i've seen) and some terrible refereeing decisions do not help keep the game flowing.
                          The game is just about what i thought it would be.

Comment

Had three matches on this earlier and I love it. Feels like a new game (finally) but still a PES game. Loving how free the ball feels now when passing, not everything is so rigidly played to feet anymore. Haven't got the hang of shooting yet though, everything seems to be flying over the bar. Any tips?

Comment

Put in a lot of games now and it is a good game but it is still lagging behind what I would have wanted 5 years on from PES 6. The animation is still laughable at times, the running is so weird. The crossing animation is the same everytime!
                              It looks very nice, lovely replays and player models, nice lighting too.

Passing is good, shooting feels decent too. It does play a decent game but the GKs are still prone to nasty mishaps too often. I played one match and won 3-0 and didnt score a single goal!

This is a decent game based on the demo. I do genuinely enjoy it but it is still a far cry from Fifa. It will suit hardcore PES fans who cant get over Fifa being better.

For the rest of us, well PES 7 has finally arrived.

Comment

I'm not saying its a bad game but coming back to PES after a year of heavy FIFA use I'm surprised at how far the 2 have diverged, which is a good thing as it makes it easier for people to make their minds up I guess.

I found it incredibly difficult to play and it must be quite hard to go from one to the other now.

Think I'm sticking with FIFA now until they mess up.

Comment

Working...
                                X